Sunday 19 February 2012

Front Cover Draft

The picture is of Noel Fielding.
I'm thinking of having an image of him on my magazine, because he's wacky and alternative, and also he was featured in the 9/1/12 issue of NME Magazine, and the 31/1/12 issue as well. And seeing as how NME Magazine is in the right genre for my magazine, and so features relevant people, I’ve chosen him to feature in my magazine. Also because I like him, and his new show ‘Luxury Comedy’ on channel 4, it’s so quirky and out there, different to anything else I see on TV.

I have a bar code with a price and issue number on, as well as a main image and space for a logo on the top half of the page. I haven’t got a logo yet, as I’m not sure what to call my magazine yet. When I know, I'll create a few different logos, and choose my favourite from the lot, and then add it to the draft.

The keyring space I decided to add, as it’s nice to have a free gift with a magazine, especially seeing as how the magazine is £3.50, it can be an added incentive to buy, and look out for different versions of the keyring.

The border around the cover, gives it a definite house style that I can use and utilise throughout the magazine in order to get the best flow.

The writing is just a few ideas as to what stories and articles can be included in the contents pages, still have no clue what to put on the double page spread :S

THE BIGGEST EVER ISSUE! banner grabs the eye, it would be in a bold colour along with the logo and top of barcode, not only to make it visually appealing, but to aid in getting the magazine flying off the shelves.


No comments:

Post a Comment